Asleep

Most of the time, because I don't get a chance to get on my blog I am asleep here and there. Lynettea thinks I should be more active. Today she read an article in the paper that said you were less likely to get dementia if you were mentally active.
Apparently that is now proved. I wonder how they proved that.
I don't like to think of 'thought experiments'. How did the scientists work out whether the humans were thinking? As you and I know it is very difficult to discern any real mental activity in a human. Sometimes Lynettea sits and stares at moving coloured images on a machine and almost forgets to pay me any attention whatever. I try to bring her back to life by sitting on her lap so she has to stroke me. Even then she sometimes falls asleep doing this, which doesn't show a lot of mental activity. Sometimes she sits and looks at little squiggles on a piece of paper for ages and she makes exclamations that don't seem to have anything to do with what is going on, or not going on, as it is mostly. Maybe she is already demented.
If she is, I am not looking forward to having to get my own food, as it would be difficult to unwrap the plastic bags.
To cheer me up I have posted a cute picture of my tongue. I am licking my nosie.

Comments

SchneiderHein said…
Hello Diamond,
your first photograph could be taken from me.
Maus
We have the same problem with Silke & Wolfgang - they spend too much time with the lap. So we take place between and try with serveral activities to get attention from them. It's a really hard job!
Maus & Allegra
Anonymous said…
Diamond, you are thinking lots of thoughts! And you are quite right, that is one very cute nosie!!
Naps are good when humans aren't bothering to notice us!
Daisy said…
Diamond, your tongue looks very cute! Sometimes I think my Mommie might be demented, too.
LZ said…
Cute tongue!!! Its a good thing she has horses in her life they keep our humans super active don't they?

Latte
Anonymous said…
Diamond, that's such a cute picture of you licking your nosie!

I agree, sometimes it is very difficult to judge whether a human is mentally active. Mom types on her computer a lot, and I wonder if it is more her fingers than her brain that is active!!

Thank you so much for your sweet words about my blog! I plan to keep it going, although Mom's being busy is making me slow down. But I do plan to shoot for a post a week or so. *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!
Just Ducky said…
your mum needs to to puzzles and word games and soduku etc. to keep her mind going. Also helping you blog, not just watching the moving picture box.
meemsnyc said…
What a cute photo of you licking your nosie!
SchneiderHein said…
We received too times the message that our comment has a DNS error - so today we try it today again:

Hello Diamond,
your first photograph could be taken from me.
Maus
We have the same problem with Silke & Wolfgang - they spend too much time with the lap. So we take place between and try with serveral activities to get attention from them. It's a really hard job!
Maus & Allegra
Sasha said…
Sorry Maus and Allegra that your messages got an error signal. I received all three of them today.
Diamond
Gabi Greve said…
Hi from Japan, Diamond!

I am also a very online cat, name is HAIKU kun !


Loved to find you out, will check in later for more of your adventures.

By the way, you might gusess, my human likes HAIKU ! .. grin ..

Haiku kun
and his mama san, Gabi

...................................
Lux said…
Darling pictures of you, Diamond! I think maybe my mom and yours are related ...
Sasha said…
Hello everyone, I have tried to visit your blogs, so if I haven't visited I will soon.
Haiku, Lynettea tells me she used to see your work on the email list from World Haiku Club, but I couldn't find your personal web site, Haiku. I hope you look back here to get my message.
Gabi Greve said…
Hi Diamond,
here is my Haiku Cat Page
http://happyhaiku.blogspot.com/2005/04/cats-in-paradise.html

Enjoy!
GABI
Sasha said…
Hello again Haiku-kun. I have put a link to your blog on my page.
Gabi Greve said…
Thanks a lot, Diamond!

You have to look at me and my mama san on the barbeque yesterday ... it is rather hot ...

Barbeque sleepers ...

And greetings from my human, Gabi!
Earl Grey said…
Let's just say that there is not a lot of mental activity going on at our house. heh heh

EG
Ailurophile said…
Diamond you look very cute in both the photos ~ thank you for your comforting words after Forest's loss ~ we greatly appreciate your kindness..
meemsnyc said…
Cute tongue, we love the sleeping photo!

Popular Posts