Brief note on Chicken

Living in a strict Vegetarian household is not easy. On Sunday a friend of Lynettea's came round bringing her lunch and brought me a new smell sensation. I am choosy with my foods and Lynettea buys me special Vet type food for my kidneys and my teeth.
I sniffed a most savoury smell and tried to get a bit closer. I was in a frenzy of anticipation as she took off the cover. Lynettea tried to make me stay inside, but I managed to get around the door, as I am still quite agile and her friend said not to bother, as she didn't mind  if I sat close to her while she was eating.

After she had finished her food there was still quite a bit left and she offered me a a few pieces. Delicious, savoury. I seized a large chunk and bolted it down with a few chews. So she decided to leave me the rest of the chicken.

The next day Lynettea went down to the chicken shop (what a nice kind of shop - I would like to go there) and brought me back a quarter chicken. As soon as she opened the packet I tore into it, devouring large chunks. It may be my favourite food.

Just in case you are wondering about my strict diet, my Vet recently said to Lynettea that I should eat anything I liked, as I needed to put on more weight.

Comments

Lucky you, Diamond! I wish my human brought home chicken for me like that! I need to put on weight too!!
Unknown said…
Oh! Chicken is Kozmo's favorite too! He loves roast chickens the bestest. me likes tuna better though.
Kisses
Nellie
Cara n Crew said…
Your new diet sounds great, Diamond :) We like chicken too. We did not know about chicken shops. But you know what? There are chickens living next door to us! we can't see them, but we hear them. At first, we didn't know what the strange sound was and our mom said it was chickens! Now if only one would fly into our yard...

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie
Motor Home Cats said…
Isn't roasted chicken just the best. We are glad that Lynettea got you some of your very own. It's good for her to pamper you-especially because your vet says you need to gain some weight.

Cody and Gracie
Fuzzy Tales said…
The mom wishes we'd eat chicken, or any human food.

We're glad you enjoyed it; obligate carnivores (i.e. we cats) are supposed to get most of our nourishment from meat protein, not grains! :-)
Kari said…
Ooh, chicken! We are so happy you have found something that you love to eat. We love it too! When we cats are already feeling unwell, those renal diets are really unapplealing . Maybe after you eat your fill and regain some of your weight, your mum could start mixing some with your wet food- maybe just the juice for flavour. ( mum found getting us "kidney cats" off dry dehydrating, dry cat food the best thing our vet ever told her.). But your vet knows you best. We love to hear you are eating. You've made our day!
The Island Cats said…
Chicken is one of our favorite foods!! We're happy to hear you got to eat some!!
Kaz's Cats said…
Hi Diamond, we're glad that you got to eat chicken. Our Angel Brother Gypsy was a big fan of chicken, and Mum used to go to the chicken shop to get him foods he liked to eat 'cos he was encouraged to eat whatever he wanted to help him to put some weight on. We're purring for you big guy, and we hope you get lots and lots of yummy chickens,

Purrs

Tasha & Buddy
meowmeowmans said…
We like the sound of your new diet very much, Diamond! And we are glad you are enjoying chicken so much ... isn't it devine? :)
Just Ducky said…
We loves chick-hen, we hopes you get more.
Kari said…
Hello, love! Hope you are eating well and feeling even better. All of our love to you.

Popular Posts