nasty attack of spasms

I wasn't quite sure what was going on, but Lynettea told me she found me lying on my side on the kitchen floor having spasms and hitting my body against the floor at five am this morning.

She didn't know what to do and tried to pick me up, which didn't help. I was still having spasms and just lying there. So she started to sing to me telling me I would slow down the spasms and stop. Then I started to get slower spasms and she stroked my body gently until I was quite still again.

Lynettea wondered if it was my constipation, especially as she found I had relieved myself later on. She didn't want to put me back on the couch on my Snugglesafe, as she thought I might fall off, so she got down my old cat basket and put it beside the bed. Then she put in some towels and knitted rugs and heated up another Snugglesafe in the microwave for me. Finally after she went to bed I climbed into the basket and went to sleep.

Today I am much better and sleeping back on the couch again.
Sometimes I sleep on the bed, but Lynettea is afraid of me falling off. I am not so agile now and lose my balance sometimes.

We have had a quiet day at home, not going out into the cold. I ate quite a lot of freshly roasted chicken for dinner tonight. Lynettea rugged herself up to go down the street to the Hot Chicken Shop as she was late going and it was cold.

Comments

meowmeowmans said…
Oh no! Those spasms sound quite scary, Diamond! Have you ever had these before? We are purring and praying for you, our friend.
Cara n Crew said…
goodness, Diamond! such a scary thing for you and Lynettea. we are glad you are feeling better today. take care, or you may be in for another crazy taxi ride! purrs,

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie
Kari said…
Oh, sweetheart! How terrible! Thank goodness you were not injured and have recovered. Are you on any medications that might have been absorbed beyond their therapeutic levels? If you're constipated, has your mum tried pure pureed pumpkin? Lots of kitties swear by this but we, of course, won't eat it. Our mum gives us Miralax. We must be adequately hydrated to use it but it really helps us get those stools out. We love you dear, and pray that you'll feel fine soon.
P.S. Our human grandad had Parkinsons. Gran used to sing to him and it helped him. Love to you.
Feel better, Diamond - it sounds like maybe you should go to the vet. That attack sounded kind of scary.
Donna said…
Oh goodness! I sorry u had a scary thing. I hope that you'll be all better now. :)
The Island Cats said…
Diamond, we're sorry to hear about your spasms. That must have been scary! We hope you are okay.

Popular Posts