A note on the haiku from Dawn

It is true that I haven't written any haiku before, but I looked at Diamond's instruction page on writing haiku and thought that it was something I could attempt. None of the other Pond Fish have tried to write a haiku. Maybe I will write another if I can think of one. Maybe something about waterplants. At the moment a plank is propped over the pond and it is making me nervous. Princess Aurora is trying to reassure me that it won't fall, but I am not quite convinced.
Spring is in the air and the water. We swim in long loose spirals, gently brushing against one another. Our scales catch the sunlight.
Now we have a blog the Food Bearer is more attentive. When I put my head above the water I can sometimes detect a chemical smell. The workmen have left their paint rollers near the pond. They must be very insensitive.
Dawn (Shubunkin) for the Pond Fish

Comments

Anonymous said…
That's very insensitive of them; I hope the will finish soon so you can have your peaceful pond back.
Ugh, Dawn, you should tell those workmen to take away those awful paint rollers! Yeech. I am not sure how you can concentrate to write haiku with that stench.
Donna said…
O hai, Mr. Fishie. :) i am glad u are writing poems. Maybe u can ask Mom to put more flowers in the water, and that would help the paint smell. :)
Kari said…
How dare the workmen leave a paint roller near your pond! It could possibly fall in! Awful of them!
We would suspect that fish would be excellent at composing haiku. We think you should all give it a try. Your air world friends would appreciate it so.
Stay strong, beautiful ones, the work on the house can't go on much longer...or can it? Our love to you.

Popular Posts