Dawn's thoughts

dark of the moon
through the sky roof glows
the Milky Way


but I can mostly see construction materials if I look up.
I tried to have a word with the Food Bearer about the situation when she called my name this morning. Our outlook view from The Pond has been considerably downgraded since The Reconstruction Project has been underway. All she could say was, 'Be patient, Dawn and all will be well in the long run.'
Which wasn't much of an answer.






Yesterday it was so hot we spent the day under our slate shelves. The Umbrella Roof could not give us any shelter because all the construction materials prevented the Food Bearer from opening it.


Dawn (Shubunkin) for the Pond Fish.

Comments

wildcatwoods said…
Lovely haiku. Hope you find a cool spot to hide from the sun Dawn!
Unknown said…
Your pond looks lovely! Me wishes it was hot here and me has a pond like that to lay beside.
Kisses
Nellie
Donna said…
Oh wow! U are brave fish. I hope ur home is all better when the work is done. :)
meowmeowmans said…
Dawn, we liked your haiku very much. We hope the construction work is done soon.
I had no idea fish could write haiku, Dawn! I thought it was mostly kitties.
Smudge said…
Huh! I'm usually looking for places to sun myself and heat my old body! Quite the opposite, I'd say.
Kari said…
Beautiful Haiku. But then we should have known, shouldn't we.
We hope that the situation with your umbrella roof is remedied quickly. Your lovely pond is your only home and needs to be comfortable and enjoyable. Quite a big project your mum has on her hands. She needs your gentle presence as much as you need hers.
Here's to an uneventful day.
Kari said…
P.S. Lovely to see you, dear. So handsome! Thank your mum for the pic.
Kat said…
This is simply Beautiful! Love every bit of it xx
Karen Jo said…
I hope that things improve for your pond soon. Thank you so much for your kind words about Herman. I know in my heart that nothing could have been done for Herman and a trip to the vet would only have upset him unnecessarily. I am sure that he will meet up with Diamond and they will have great times together.

Popular Posts