Blackout

My usual schedule was disrupted last night by a blackout sometime after 10 pm. We were watching a TV documentary about Australian sense of humour. Not very funny. Lynettea was laughing.
I was practically dozing off when a loud bang had me fully alert. The TV went off (good) and the lights (I can still see, being feline) and the heater. Then there was another loud bang, which seemed pretty final.
Lynettea just sat there for a while. Maybe she was hoping the power would return. I ran through the house for a quick safety check and out the back to check for intruders. All was fine. Just as well she has me to help in an emergency.
After that I had my evening snack and Lynettea went to bed. Of course I remained on the alert for some time, but finally went into my cosy. We were woken by the TV suddenly coming on in the early hours.
This morning some few  bits of sunshine are coming through the window, but Lynettea said it will rain later.
How does she know that?


Comments

meowmeowmans said…
Sounds like maybe a transformer blew out near your house, Sasha. We are glad your power came back on!
I'm glad the power wasn't out for too long!
Sasha said…
It was a bit of a worry, as the storm was blowing. The fish had their pump fail, but someone fixed it this morning.
Yikes! That sounded scary.
Storms can be nasty.
Good thing your power came back and the fishes got the pump fixed.
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ
Sasha said…
Someone came around to cut back our quince tree, that was pushing down part of my play area. Then Lynettea noticed the pump had stopped. I had noticed before, but she didn't pay attention to me. Fortunately the man fixing my enclosure was able to fix the pump too. Lynettea was really pleased.
Wowza!! Glad you were on patrol to keep everyone safe!!! catchatwithcarenandcody

Popular Posts