Feral?

In Australia, where I live, cats are regarded as feral animals. There are campaigns to get rid of cats that are not domestic. Only the other day, Lynettea would not let me see an article in the paper about a cat hunter, with a picture of him among his cat pelts and stuffed cats. He talked about selling one of the stuffed cats to people who put it on the lounge and treated it as a regular pet.

Apparently the feral cats are killing a lot of native animals. The native animals are not used to cats hunting them, so they are not wary enough. We are good hunters, so would probably catch them anyway.

So it is best for me to stick inside and only go out with Lynettea to protect me. I also look after her.
But it is not as much fun chasing a ping pong ball or tossing a fluffy toy in the air. So I enjoy my hunting, when I get the chance.

NOTE: If cats are feral, what are humans? Humans destroy more.


Comments

That's so horribly sad. Stay inside and stay SAFE.

The Florida Furkids
meowmeowmans said…
You are so wise, Sasha. Humans have destroyed and killed so many things. Far more than any other animal. :(
I think humans are way more feral than any cat living outside without humans. Here in the U.S. there are a lot of proponents for trap-neuter-return, which helps control outside cat population. My human and I support these people.
Lone Star Cats said…
We had a VET here kill a cat with a bow and arrow and get away with it. Messed up.
dood.....that iz sad :(

we hope de trooth bout feral catz comez ta
lite for everee one...... N yea, itz best ta stay inn side ♥♥♥
pilch92 said…
That breaks my heart. When I read the book Kangaroo Dundee, I was sad to read that he once worked for a bird sanctuary and his job was to shoot all ferals. Be sure to stay inside unless you are with your Mom.

Popular Posts