Is this funny?

The reading of my work went well, Lynettea told me. People even laughed at the last of my haiku she read.
I felt mortified.  This was my most serious haiku, talking about cat/human relations.

game of thrones
the cat assumes
the best seat

They laughed at some of her works too, she said.  I felt embarrassed for her.
At least the stress of anticipation was over. Whatever was done, was done.
It was a cool evening after days of heat and I rushed through the house, banging the gate, leaping up to the washbasin in the bathroom and down. Clatter, clatter, bang! All my bears tossed from their cosy to the floor.

 

Comments

Lone Star Cats said…
We wuz goin nutso here yesterday.
pilch92 said…
I am glad the reading went well.
We are not sure why the people laughed Sasha.
We cats always assume the best seat ;)
Glad it's a bit cooler tonight. Now you can enjoy the
cozy after evicting all the bears :)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
I know your haiku was serious, but maybe your human's were meant to be funny?
meowmeowmans said…
It must have been the way Lynettea read it that was funny, Sasha. Because your haiku was serious and very true!
Sasha said…
One of the other poets who read at the event with Lynettea said to her to tell me that they laughed in an admiring way. I feel a bit better after hearing that. Maybe they laughed to see how clever we cats are. I feel sorry for humans sometimes. Sometimes they can be helpful and at other times they are annoying.
dood....we bet de peepulz waz laffin WITH yur mom...
knot AT her.....which meenz... yur poem waz a grate success

it waz awesum bye de way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

grate poem by sasha
all de peepulz N joyed it
they hope him ritez mor


☺☺☺♥♥♥
The Whiskeratti said…
Oh, the bears had a spill out! And don't worry about the hoomins, they are silly things.

Popular Posts