A note on the Dove Murder

Lynettea told me she heard a jingling when she went outside this morning and a scrambling noise as if a cat was leaving over the fence. So she thinks a stranger cat must have come in and murdered the dove.
I could have told her that another cat was visiting, as I have been charging around looking out the windows and my enclosure at night for some time. She might have listened to me, but humans always think they know best, I find.
So she thinks it would have been the turtledove that grew up in a nest in our grapevine several years ago and stayed around the place. She has no evidence for this theory.
Anyway I suppose we could have a period of mourning, as she says. Except it should not prevent us doing everything I like to do. I prefer to think of it as a period of celebration of the dove's happy life loitering around here.

Comments

I like the way you look at it, Sasha!
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ !!!!

Popular Posts