Are my clawsies poisonous?

I accidentally gave Lynettea a scratch on her right index finger on Monday evening.  What a fuss! If she hadn't tried to pat my beautiful long right arm while I was lying down gently grooming my pretty furs, this wouldn't have happened.
On Tuesday evening the pharmacist told her she should see the doctor, as animal wounds could be serious.  She made a doctor's appointment and then came home to feed me before going back to wait.  Luckily we live nearby or I might have really suffered. Food is a very important matter.
Now she has had a tetanus injection and is taking antibiotics and it is supposed to be my fault? I don't think it is my fault.



Comments

My human doesn't see the doctor for scratches - she just washes them. But the one time Binga bit her thumb, mistaking it for a treat, she practically ran to Urgent Care! Bites can get nasty fast, so she got a tetanus shot to be safe.
Sasha said…
My human doesn't usually get antibiotics either. But her finger was red and swollen around the scratch and she was trying to get some antiseptic ointment from the pharmacist, because her tube was two years out of date. The pharmacist took a look at the finger and insisted Lynettea make a doctor's appointment. It is still red and swollen. We are hoping it gets better soon.
Lone Star Cats said…
My momma usually just puts some antibiotic ointment on it.
Katie Isabella said…
Sasha! As long as this action doesn't cause you inconvenience!

Your mom however; I hope she borrows your bloggie to let us know how she fares. My mom got a thumb bite some eight years ago fro Admiral. The pain was intense because the fang hit a nerve and mom had a half numb and for awhile. She got to the Dr. next day where she got a tetanus shot, All was well. Give your mom plenty of lovins so she will feel better sooner.
Eastside Cats said…
Sasha, you didn't do it on purpose, but sometimes kitty scratches on humans can be real nasty!
In some states, if you are bitten by a cat and see a doctor about the wound, the state will make you produce records that the cat has had their rabies shot in the last year, or they could quarantine your cat for 90 days! Isn't that awful?!?
pilch92 said…
I am sure your claws are not poisonous.
Sasha said…
we live in Australia and have strict quarantine laws to stop diseases like rabies coming in. What a tragedy if our wildlife got this disease. So I don't need a rabies vaccination. From Sasha

Popular Posts